View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 04:40 PM   #98
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Default Re: Spiderman in the Avengers "world"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
How is the marketing cheap? Please break down the cost of having Spidey in an Avengers film and the return vs. what they would spend on their marketing costs for just a standalone film and the return generated.
I didn't follow that. What is the cost to Sony of having Spider-man in an Avengers film? They get money don't they? (from Marvel) Maybe I misinterpreted something.

Quote:
You call it "just an extra bit of money" but the idea is patently absurd because each is the flagship franchise of each respective studio. You think those come cheap? Yet as I previously stated, the demo's of Spidey and the Avengers are co-mingled. They're not separate franchises with a separate group of demo's you're combining to create a larger pool of revenue.
I'm talking about the fee Marvel would pay Sony for a cameo. Are we on the same page here?

Quote:
A movie studio trying to maximize it's revenues is not going to do something "just because it's cool". It has to make fiscal sense. Btw, non SHH posting GA audience members aren't the ones clamoring for Spidey in the Avengers. It's the hardcore "muh childzhood is ruin'd" ones.
They aren't 'clamouring' for it as some are on here but they seem very interested in that sort of thing if you read Avengers youtube comments sections. Admittedly they're also after Superman & Batman to make an appearance. And surely you agree that the GA would love a Spider-man cameo?