View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #624
Rorschach2012
$

Default Re: Next Batman Villain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Hugo Strange and Clayface has always been an interesting match up idea to me.

The two of them have identity issues. They both want to be a certain thing, they both want to desperately be different people. To see calm and collected Hugo Strange influence a mentally unstable Matt Hagan, that would be pretty cool.
Clayface killing innocent people and assuming their roles in a happy household or something to satisfy his desire for bliss would be cool. A bit like what the T-1000 did in T2JD to John Connor's foster family.
Just something to give him that tragic element that he had in BTAS, because every Clayface has always had a bit of that. Throwing that hopelessness and loneliness of Preston Payne into the characterization mix. Where he desires a companion, he desires physical comfort, but ends up absorbing them into obliteration, which degrades his unstable mental health further. He then assumes that role if he chooses, living the life of that said person, out if desire and guilt. And he despises Batman for trying to put him back in Arkham. His prison of pain and isolation.
Dude you're onto something here. That could be a great villain pairing...

Hugo Strange is known to have created his own "Monster Men", it wouldn't be much of a stretch if he was the scientist behind Clayface's creation.

Maybe Hugo Strange knows Bruce Wayne is Batman, and has Clayface impersonate Bruce Wayne.. maybe this could be a streamlined adaptation of "Bruce Wayne: Murderer?/Bruce Wayne: Fugitive" storyline from the 2000s. Not an adaptation per se, but they could take elements from that storyline.

Hugo Strange shouldn't trust information like Batman's identity to Hagen/Clayface, Hagen could just be used to frame Bruce Wayne for murder

I'm really liking this idea. I struggled to think of a villain for Clayface to work well with, and i think Hugo Strange is perfect for this.

The BTAS Clayface origin works well within the context of an animated series, but for film, Hugo Strange could create him.

Christoph Waltz for Hugo Strange
a lot of people could work for Clayface/Matt Hagen

I still really want Mr. Freeze to be the next villain of a Batman movie. How would you guys feel about this:

Batfleck 1: Mr. Freeze, Catwoman and Penguin
Batfleck 2: Hugo Strange and Clayface
Batfleck 3: Joker, Harley, Scarecrow, Killer Croc, and Bane are unleashed when Joker takes over Arkham

Riddler is noticeably missing, as is Two Face

I think Riddler will work best if he's portrayed in a similar way to how he's utilized in some of Batman's best stories. In the Long Halloween, Dark Victory, and Hush, Riddler has a tiny but crucial role. He's never the principal bad guy, and i think he works best that way.

People keep clamoring for a movie where Riddler is the principal villain, and that never really appealed to me. It could work though, it'd be a lot like Saw with the elaborate death traps, unless they decided not to go the gritty route. That doesn't sound bad, and based on Riddler's portrayal in Arkham City, i could see him working on film, but I really would prefer him as a side character.

Another villain that doesn't really appeal to me as much as some other villains is Black Mask. He's commonly suggested to be a movie villain, and i think that's partly because of the Nolan effect. He's pretty realistic and would be really easy to pull off on film because he's essentially just a sadistic gangster with a black skull face. There's nothing there that would be fresh or new. . I'd also rather see a villain that's more important to the Batman mythos than Black Mask. Black Mask isn't a bad character, the Batman rogues gallery is pretty damn solid. but his rogues gallery is so great that there are a number of better villains than a genuinely interesting villain like Black Mask.

I still think it would be cool if Ra's Al Ghul, Talia, and Lex were working together in Batman vs Superman. I think we deserve the real R'as Al Ghul on film.

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote