View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #9
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Default Re: "The Price Of Freedom Is High." The Chris Evans/Captain America Thread

Chris Evans is ready to take "a little break" from acting.

The 32-year-old actor will soon be seen bringing Captain America back to screens in the latest release in the franchise The Winter Soldier. The character also appears in the upcoming ensemble Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Much as Chris enjoys the role, he is ready to turn his hand to directing having helmed 1:30 Train, about a woman who is robbed in New York City.

"I think when I'm done with this Marvel contract, I'll take a little break from acting," he told British magazine Glamour.

"With acting, you're one piece in a very big puzzle. It's like you helped buy a gift but you don't know what the gift is, so you come back and see the movie. Sometimes it's nice, sometimes it's tragic. This process [directing], you're involved in every single decision."

Chris has been open about his struggle when it came to Captain America. He wasn't sure he was right for the role and initially turned it down a few times. The star eventually decided to give it a go and hasn't looked back.

"If I hadn't done it, I'd be really kicking myself. At the time, it was a daunting task for a number of reasons, but in hindsight it was the right move," he explained.

Captain America is unlike some of the other Marvel superheroes, such as Iron Man or The Hulk. The character was created after a man was given a special serum to boost his physical attributes during World War II. It means he is strong and patriotic, but doesn't have any of the other-worldly powers of some of his counterparts.
"He doesn't have demons. He's not Batman, he doesn't struggle with inner turmoil. The nature of this character is that he puts himself last and helps the common good. So he could easily slip into a world of boredom," Chris explained.
"The blessing and curse of Captain America is that he doesn't have that fancy an ability. He doesn't live in another world, or turn green. He doesn't have bells and whistles, he doesn't shoot missiles. He punches and kicks."

Captain America: The Winter Soldier sees the superhero attempting to get to grips with the modern world, when he has to save the country from a new threat.

http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_arti...article=127914

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote