View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #978
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton Westlake View Post
in this new 52...if anyone has been reading it since issue #1......has his origin changed yet again?
I haven't read all of it, but it started with Aquaman/Arthur and Mera living happily on land, by the ocean. Arthur is still half-Atlantean (on his mother's side) and he goes back and forth between ruling Atlantis and being a superhero, and working with the Justice League (and he is aware that he is the butt of jokes.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
About a movie, what do you all think it should be like? I imagine it as a kind of Star Wars underwater, with Arthur growing up in the surfasse world and later discovering his origins, as well as his heritage.

...It would be then be an all out Atlantean invasion, but it wouldn't go too far thanks to Arthur, who would take the throne once again and kill or imprison Orm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I kind of envision an Aquaman movie as a mix of Star Wars and Game of Thrones, with a little bit of Avatar thrown in. Also, Mera playing a prominent role and being a badass is a must for me, I love her.
It could very much be like Star Wars. It could have the advanced Atlantean tech mixed with the mystical/mythological stuff. The Atlantean tech would be interesting to see since it could be mysterious, advanced and ancient at the same time (kind of like Krypton in Man of Steel, but tied to the ocean environment in design and function.)

So there could be great action scenes mixed with strange alien-like creatures, and all the politics/intrigue of Atlantis etc.

In terms of mystical stuff, "Sword of Atlantis" had great art and design and had a lot of "Game of Thrones" style of mythology, and strange creatures etc. Not that they should follow that storyline, but it had a great look.