View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #215
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutante View Post
Of course itīs unrealistic. But itīs faithful to that universeīs pre-established rules. And those rules tell us that Bruce as access to technology that doesnīt exist in our world.

Youīre purposely misinterpretating what i said.

Because it goes against the rules of that world. In that world humans are still mortal. They donīt have super powers. Thatīs why Batman saves them. Why should Joker be able to do something like that? Thatīs fantasy, but itīs a bad form of fantasy. A contraditory one. You can make fantasy without being illogical.
It's an animated tv show that celebrates various genres and the best from episodic animation, mixes Looney Toones and Noir in a way, if that makes sence, so it doesn't go against any rules, from episode 1 we are shown that this is a serious world where the bizarre can happen, and those events are told in a very human way.

I think the western audience is just way too serious with "realism", in Japan for example, One Piece is a true best-seller and it just focuses on telling good and fun stories, that end up being deeper and more complex than it seemed ar first sight. Batman: The Animated Series is a masterpiece in its oun right, i think you're just trying to put the usual standards into something that shouldn't be evaluated that way.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote