View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 04:33 PM   #215
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutante View Post
Of course it´s unrealistic. But it´s faithful to that universe´s pre-established rules. And those rules tell us that Bruce as access to technology that doesn´t exist in our world.

You´re purposely misinterpretating what i said.

Because it goes against the rules of that world. In that world humans are still mortal. They don´t have super powers. That´s why Batman saves them. Why should Joker be able to do something like that? That´s fantasy, but it´s a bad form of fantasy. A contraditory one. You can make fantasy without being illogical.
It's an animated tv show that celebrates various genres and the best from episodic animation, mixes Looney Toones and Noir in a way, if that makes sence, so it doesn't go against any rules, from episode 1 we are shown that this is a serious world where the bizarre can happen, and those events are told in a very human way.

I think the western audience is just way too serious with "realism", in Japan for example, One Piece is a true best-seller and it just focuses on telling good and fun stories, that end up being deeper and more complex than it seemed ar first sight. Batman: The Animated Series is a masterpiece in its oun right, i think you're just trying to put the usual standards into something that shouldn't be evaluated that way.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote