View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 11:42 PM   #47
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

My Internet connection has been dodgy as hell these last few days so it took me forever to see the extended clip. It was more than worth the wait. This film looks like everything a Captain America film is meant to be. The action in the clip was brilliant, the humor understated and fitting, the performances confident. It's too early for me to say how it will compare to the other films in the MCU, but I expect that it will match The Avengers and Iron Man 1 & 3 in terms of quality.

The way Cap took charge of the mission and laid out every agent's tasks before going in was a reflection of the way he leads in both his own comic book and The Avengers. This is the strategic genius and born leader we all know Steve Rogers to be. Although he showed those abilities in TA and especially CATFS, it looks as if he has really come into his own now.

It was nice to see the playful side of Natasha for once. I love the way she has been portrayed thus far, but she has been grim and no-nonsense to the extreme. Giving her more facets to her personality not only makes her a more relatable character but also fleshes her out into a more "real" woman. When the Black Widow finally gets her solo film (fingers crossed) she'll need to be someone the audience likes and roots for. The way Natasha is shown in TWS will make her much more likable.

The Falcon is so exciting to watch in action. We've only gotten a small glimpse of him yet, but already he's a great addition to the MCU. The design for him is utter perfection, in my opinion. Some may prefer the red-and-white spandex version, but I think that Marvel has chosen the best way to present Sam Wilson on screen. It's not that I'm against the classic design; I collected every single issue of Captain America and The Falcon when I was a kid and always loved the character. The film universe is an entirely different medium with a different visual style, however.