View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 08:32 AM   #241
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
I think, if anything, the LEGO Movie, the first Hunger Games movie, and if Cap breaks records in the first part of April, then it'll really show the studios that any season can be blockbuster season, and we'll start seeing release dates spread out more and more throughout the year, so May's not just considered prime real estate.

I really do feel that if F&F can break $80mil. and over in April, then Cap's got a great shot. Marvel and Disney haven't missed a beat with their marketing, and everything's on an upswing with TWS. Really, the only missing piece is now advance reviews and the fan screenings and I think once those are out we'll get a better idea of where this falls review-wise, which could get it some sexy legs.
Yeah I don't think the release date is going to be too much of an issue.

I don't decide which film I like based on critics but the reviews are going to be really interesting to watch. Marvel films have all gotten decent reviews but each of the sequels have gotten worse reviews than the original.

Iron Man -93% on RT
Iron Man 2-73% (the 3rd did score better than the 2nd).
Thor-77% on RT
Thor: The Dark World-65% on RT
Captain America-79% on RT
The Winter Soldier-???

I'll be curious to see if Winter Soldier will continue that trend or will it be the best reviewed Marvel film behind Iron Man. I'm getting good vibes from it on that front. I think good reviews will only help it at the box office.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.