View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 06:37 PM   #539
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Little Things" You Appreciated/Loved Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah definitely makes sense, plus just cause he's Superman doesn't mean he can't have fun when he's young.
Someone will probably start a thread soon, discussing Kryptonian sex drive.

Because they reproduce asexually, does that mean that Kryptonians don't
have one ? I'm not asking as a serious question, because no doubt someone's already put too much time into thinking about the answer.

Clearly Zod didn't, because he was marooned in space with Faora, and they
didn't manage to re-start the Kryptonian species.

If Clark does great, if not it's probably not a bad thing, as regular humans are pretty much like tissue paper to him. The issue of Superman and Lois having children has come up in the comics a few times, but I think the current consensus is that they cannot have children, as carrying the baby to term would probably kill Lois (and the baby).

For an absolutely terrific snapshot of what Clark would be like as a dad,
read "Last Son" by Geoff Johns and Richard Donner.

Sorry, back to MOS, Clark Kent has a very humble kind of charm. I liked that his t-shirt were old and kind of grubby (as you would expect from a farm labourer). While I loved Reeve and the Classic depiction of Kent in a suit, I vastly prefer the newer, less business-like, more-down-to-earth look.

As for Clark's charm, clearly Lana Lang (the girl on the bus) thought he was cool. The Waitress, yeah she liked him, but he was just passing through.

Anyway, this all goes back to Cavill's depiction of Clark. I really struggle with those who describe him as wooden. He was understated - he communicated what he was thinking with a look ( and boy, he does
"pissed off" Superman brilliantly). A very likeable Superman, a bit less
saintly than Reeve, but likeable and humble -which is what Superman's all about.

Peace out Super-fans !

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote