View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 03:56 AM   #543
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: The "Little Things" You Appreciated/Loved Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I just noticed something new whilst watching this again, I never before noticed Clark smile at the waitress when we first see him working at the bar. did anyone else notice this?
Yes, I and several ladies noticed that. I didn't think they were involved in a relationship. He vanished too easily to make me think that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannerism View Post
Someone will probably start a thread soon, discussing Kryptonian sex drive.

Because they reproduce asexually, does that mean that Kryptonians don't
have one ? I'm not asking as a serious question, because no doubt someone's already put too much time into thinking about the answer.

Clearly Zod didn't, because he was marooned in space with Faora, and they
didn't manage to re-start the Kryptonian species.

If Clark does great, if not it's probably not a bad thing, as regular humans are pretty much like tissue paper to him. The issue of Superman and Lois having children has come up in the comics a few times, but I think the current consensus is that they cannot have children, as carrying the baby to term would probably kill Lois (and the baby).

For an absolutely terrific snapshot of what Clark would be like as a dad,
read "Last Son" by Geoff Johns and Richard Donner.
I hope no one starts a thread on this because there are probably like 100 threads already about this in various Superman sub-forums all over the Hype. You do bring up a good point though about Kryptonian's...uh...sexual urges. The look Faora gave Superman when they first met made me believe Kryptonians do have some appreciation for a handsome person...so I can't believe they don't have any sort of drive. Yet, 33 years is a long time to not have any action, so maybe the answer is Kryptonians were modified when they were born to be sterile and Kal's birth isn't just attributed to getting it on naturally...maybe Jor used a little bit of science to help things along.

Also, I don't buy the woman of tissue thing... If Clark can normally interact with the world then he obviously has found a way to coexist "naturally". Plus, since he wasn't breaking toilets at the Kent farm on a regular then I think he's alright in the "other" department.

Quote:
Sorry, back to MOS, Clark Kent has a very humble kind of charm. I liked that his t-shirt were old and kind of grubby (as you would expect from a farm labourer). While I loved Reeve and the Classic depiction of Kent in a suit, I vastly prefer the newer, less business-like, more-down-to-earth look.

As for Clark's charm, clearly Lana Lang (the girl on the bus) thought he was cool. The Waitress, yeah she liked him, but he was just passing through.

Anyway, this all goes back to Cavill's depiction of Clark. I really struggle with those who describe him as wooden. He was understated - he communicated what he was thinking with a look ( and boy, he does
"pissed off" Superman brilliantly). A very likeable Superman, a bit less
saintly than Reeve, but likeable and humble -which is what Superman's all about.

Peace out Super-fans !
I don't get those who say he's wooden either. I thought he gave an understated performance that conveyed a lot. I watched MOS again. Unfortunately I've watched it so much I scratched the regular Blu-ray. Now I have to unwrap the other copy I bought...lol. Though I agree with the bolded 100%. Excellent points!

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote