View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 10:57 AM   #311
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
It could have been because of language or violence. There could have been parts of the battle scenes that were cut because of graphic violence. For instance, the scene where Loki impaled Coulson was censored in some countries. Here in the US it would have taken something more extreme, like showing civilians getting crushed to death or dismembered.

Too many expletives would have gotten them into trouble, too, though I only recall Cap saying "bastards" once and no other cursing. (I thought that Fury should have said, "Did we come to your world and blow **** up?" to Thor instead of the mild version in the film. Maybe the MPAA made Whedon cut that. )
From imdb regarding language

There are five or six uses each of "Hell" and "Damn," and one or two each of "Ass," "Piss," "*****" and "Bastard." Loki hurls out the British anatomical vulgarity "quim" as a misogynistic putdown.

So yeah there was some cussing.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10