View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 09:07 AM   #552
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm not so sure about that.

Heck, I think the reason why Kenneth, the Director for the first "Thor" film, chose not to return for the second one is because he said that he wanted more time to prep for it but that Marvel was insistent in releasing the sequel just two years after having released the first film.

Plus, I think another problem is that they just couldn't find a Director that they wanted who could provide a SOLID vision and foundation as to where the character should go. I think it's because of that lack of vision that the studio decided to meddle in with this film's production in the amount that they did.

The things that I heard talked most about this film when they were promoting it was how Asgard felt more real and how they wanted something new for Loki's character and his dynamics with Thor.

If anything, i think the producers also wanted to capitalize on the huge following that Loki and Tom was receiving from his previous two portrayals as Loki.
I believe is was that combined with him also having other projects on his plate that he wanted to do as well that didn't mesh with Marvel's schedule (I think season/series 3 of Wallander was getting underway right around the time that production on Thor:TDW was - one of the reasons that we don't have Hiddleston's Magnus Martinsson anymore.)

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is online now   Reply With Quote