View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 10:04 AM   #553
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
I didn't have a problem with it but I think it's probably easier for me to get into it, having grown up in a non-English speaking country and therefor I have gotten used to subtitles. I stopped using subs for English long ago (funnily enough I started learning English as a kid from watching English speaking cartoons, and wrestling, without subs) but I still find it easy to focus on both subs and the movie.

The issue wasn't him wanting to protect Earth, it was him having seen what is required to rule and what that can do to you, and that was something he didn't want to do. He was never really happy when he was doing his duties after the first Thor up until now, and when he also sees what depths ruling can bring you to it made him realize that it wasn't for him at all. That the Bifrost is still there is actually a relevant point of his decision as he says that he will protect Asgard when it needs him, but he doesn't want to rule it and he wants to be somewhere else.

They cleary do have feelings to me, and I think they are gotten across. The issue is that there's only negative emotions left and that drains some emotion out of you. I do agree with you on a more overall note though as they aren't really ruled by their emotions and you don't really need to humanize the ancient race of elves that actually belongs to a different version of the universe.
I'm not saying they didn't tho . Just that most of the comic fans expected the Character from the comics. They clearly aren't identical. TDW's version wasn't shown as of aggressive as the comics and the ONLY time we've SEEN that kind of aggression was the deleted scene.
I'm PERSONALLY pleased with the Darkelves, I'm saying OTHERS aren't and was saying for the better of the movie it could have been done differently

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote