View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 11:14 AM   #554
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm not so sure about that.

Heck, I think the reason why Kenneth, the Director for the first "Thor" film, chose not to return for the second one is because he said that he wanted more time to prep for it but that Marvel was insistent in releasing the sequel just two years after having released the first film.

Plus, I think another problem is that they just couldn't find a Director that they wanted who could provide a SOLID vision and foundation as to where the character should go. I think it's because of that lack of vision that the studio decided to meddle in with this film's production in the amount that they did.

The things that I heard talked most about this film when they were promoting it was how Asgard felt more real and how they wanted something new for Loki's character and his dynamics with Thor.

If anything, i think the producers also wanted to capitalize on the huge following that Loki and Tom was receiving from his previous two portrayals as Loki.
The Loki stuff wasnt a focus until late into production though, a lot of the re-shoots involved Tom and adding new Loki scenes. Thats got to be disruptive for a director and must have changed the dynamics of a lot of the movie.

So again, for me, as with TIH, Marvel was its own worst enemy here. Patty Jenkins high tailed once she realised she wasnt going to get freedom on the sequel.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote