View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 10:20 AM   #555
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
The Loki stuff wasnt a focus until late into production though, a lot of the re-shoots involved Tom and adding new Loki scenes. Thats got to be disruptive for a director and must have changed the dynamics of a lot of the movie.

So again, for me, as with TIH, Marvel was its own worst enemy here. Patty Jenkins high tailed once she realised she wasnt going to get freedom on the sequel.
We don't know anything about the Jenkins split. Some sources say she was fired, some say she decided to go. We'll likely never get the truth, but there's no sense in assuming one story is correct over another.

As for the Loki scenes, I think you're discounting Taylor's involvement. He said in interviews that he liked the Loki scenes he'd shot and wanted to inject more of him. I have no doubt that Marvel took it upon themselves to right a ship they thought was overturning, but let's not pretend Taylor was a passive victim here. He's a guy they brought in to pretty up Asgard. It's Marvel's fault for not taking enough time to choose a director that actually cared about the characters, too.