View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 08:27 PM   #571
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
The humour doesn't really bother me, it's the fact that the stakes never felt high (to me anyway). During the entire third act it didn't feel like the universe was actually in danger. I'm not sure why, it may be because there wasn't enough fear coming from the public. Everytime I watch the movie all I can think about is how Loki tricked everyone while everyone was distracted by Malekith despite it not being the main plot.
Exactly, the universe was ending and people are running around making jokes and Thor gets on a train, that scene in particular was awful stuff. The finale of Anchorman had more danger and stakes if felt like at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
No one is complaining about there being humor in the movie. They're complaining about the amount of humor, the type of humor, and where it was placed. There was too much of it, a lot of it just wasn't funny, and it was placed in areas that should have been taken more seriously and thus killed any kind of tension or threat. I really liked the humor in the first movie and thought that it balanced out well with the darker material. TDW didn't mesh nearly as well. Also, all of those fantasy elements that you mentioned CAN be done seriously. There doesn't need to be a ton of humor. LOTR didn't have a joke every two minutes, neither did Harry Potter, neither did JMS's Thor run for that matter, or Jason Aaron's current run. So it can be done.
Again, exactly, the humour was so poorly placed it ruined many moments in the movie that should have been important. There never seemed any tension or danger because of this and the final battle became really boring to me for the same reason. I just wish they hadnt made Taylor put more humour in as it nearly ruins the movie for me.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote