View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 09:10 AM   #580
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
That's just your opinion. I loved the train scene. Not only was it hysterical, it showcased a limit to Thor's power set. How exactly is he getting back into the fray at this point? Thor is so powerful you need ways to challenge and frustrate him.

Who was making jokes? The humor was all situational.
Darcy was making funny comments, they were just poorly placed, and really Darcy and her intern shouldnt have been so involved in the final battle IMO.

The train is awful to me, the final battle ruins any momentum it develops by throwing stupid jokey scenes into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
As far as the stakes, we've all seen the end of the world/universe/whatever plot device so often that why not have fun with it? Did anyone think Thor was not going to win? At no point in the Dark Knight did I think Batman was not going to beat the Joker. Yes lives would be lost etc. but I just saw Superman kill thousands of people last summer so I'm happy if Thor saves the universe with aplomb.
We know the ending to these movies, does that mean they shouldnt be tension filled or the danger shouldnt be felt? Say what you want about MOS but I felt the threat and tension of the final battle. Not so here, it was like a battle in the middle of an episode of Cheers, and that shouldnt be happening in a CBM.

No one has said there cant or shouldnt be humour in these movies, but dont throw it in when its not warranted. Let the serious moments be serious.

I find the whole final battle boring because there is simple no tension and most of the jokey scenes arent funny, even more so on re-watch.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote