View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 09:41 AM   #581
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
We know the ending to these movies, does that mean they shouldnt be tension filled or the danger shouldnt be felt? Say what you want about MOS but I felt the threat and tension of the final battle. Not so here, it was like a battle in the middle of an episode of Cheers, and that shouldnt be happening in a CBM.

No one has said there cant or shouldnt be humour in these movies, but dont throw it in when its not warranted. Let the serious moments be serious.

I find the whole final battle boring because there is simple no tension and most of the jokey scenes arent funny, even more so on re-watch.
Well to each his own. It's funny because I felt the opposite about MOS. Two invulnerable beings punching the living tar out of each other for 20 minutes while making stuff blow up was beyond boring. And I usually love that kind of stuff. I'm not saying I never want things to be serious but I also like a bit of variety in the films I watch. The Dark Knight did serious successfully. Man of Steel did not IMO.

Also saying that a comic book movie should never have comedy in serious situations is a little absurd to me. How many comics have I read growing up where characters are cracking jokes during battles involving massive amounts of destruction?

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote