View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 12:10 PM   #531
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
While Monica would be nice, I do think we'll see more Black actresses in the MCU soon and not just whoever they cast to play Misty Knight. I would not be surprised if an Inhumans movie is made and Crystal and Medusa are played by black women (my picks are Rosario Dawson and Paula Patton respectively). I also have Lupita as Clea.

Then again, Monica was an actual Avenger in the comics. Misty (from what I have read) was never an Avenger and yet we'll probably see Misty in the MCU instead of Monica.
I would be surprised to see Medusa and Crystal as black. That would surprise me. I don't think I would 'get' that one. I think we'll continue to see black actresses like Zoe Saldana, but I don't think we'll see a black female superheroine for a while, unless Monica becomes part of a Captain Marvel film and it does well enough for a sequel to let her get powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I far prefer Monica, too. Her history with the Avengers has been overlooked lately but she was an integral part of the team for years. Monica's powers and origin are unique, not dependent upon getting them from a greater hero and not duplicates of other characters' abilities. She would be far more intriguing visually and her powers would have many interesting possibilities.
I hadn't thought about the fact that she, unlike many female heroes, is not a derivative of a male hero in any way shape form or fashion. She's her own. That's pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
So has the billing order for this movie changed? In some articles/ press releases I see Chris Hemsworth listed second after RDJ, and Chris Evans dropped down to fourth place after Mark Ruffalo. Evans seems to be really getting a bum deal for someone who is meant to be the leader of the Avengers. Is he going the way of James Marsden in the X-Men films?
I'm always concerned about that. I don't think it'll ever be that bad, but the lions share, and the arc I think will always go to RDJ, if he's around. I think we'll see less of Cap in Avengers 2, but I think we'll also see better of Cap. I don't think it'll be Tony telling him to lead, I think Cap will just start taking charge, even against Tony's desires. That should be interesting.