View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #585
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
Well to each his own. It's funny because I felt the opposite about MOS. Two invulnerable beings punching the living tar out of each other for 20 minutes while making stuff blow up was beyond boring. And I usually love that kind of stuff. I'm not saying I never want things to be serious but I also like a bit of variety in the films I watch. The Dark Knight did serious successfully. Man of Steel did not IMO.

Also saying that a comic book movie should never have comedy in serious situations is a little absurd to me. How many comics have I read growing up where characters are cracking jokes during battles involving massive amounts of destruction?
Actually, the Superman/Zod fight was only seven minutes (I clocked it). Also, I don't know about you growing up, but I know my experience. How many comics did I read growing up that did that, very VERY few. And the one's that did were sporadic about it (a joke every once in awhile). Maybe you're just older than me or we read different stuff.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote