View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 03:23 PM   #587
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Not, really. MOS actually made you see the full horror of what Zod was doing and what the stakes were. Not making constant jokes while the world is freaking ending. No stupid comic-relief character making lame attempts at comedy while an entire city is on the brink of annihilation Also, Superman DID try and save people, by stopping the genocidal super-powered alien warlord. 99% of the destruction was done BEFORE Superman even got there, and 99% of the remaining destruction was done by Zod. So yes, MOS handled it's climax much better. Oh and there were actual consequences to that battle, unlike in TDW.
Well I don't want to turn this into a Man of Steel bashing thread but I pretty much disagree with everything you just said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Actually, the Superman/Zod fight was only seven minutes (I clocked it). Also, I don't know about you growing up, but I know my experience. How many comics did I read growing up that did that, very VERY few. And the one's that did were sporadic about it (a joke every once in awhile). Maybe you're just older than me or we read different stuff.
That could be. I haven't actually timed it myself but it certainly felt like 20 minutes at least. I own the movie so at some point I'll reassess but I find the enjoyment of that film diminishes with repeat viewings. In my mind all Zack Snyder accomplished is give us the 4th best Superman film ever made. Snyder got the character of Superman so wrong that I'm not really looking forward to Batman vs. Superman that much.

Well I don't know how old you are. I'm 40 and was reading comics in the 80's but I've read comics dating all the way back into the early 60's during the Silver/Marvel age through the 70's. I've even read a lot of Golden Age stuff too. I got out of comics in the 90s and started reading again around 2011. Some comics are good. Some are crap. The newer stuff is hit or miss to me. Everybody's tastes are different that's for sure.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote