View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 09:10 PM   #589
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
Well to each his own. It's funny because I felt the opposite about MOS. Two invulnerable beings punching the living tar out of each other for 20 minutes while making stuff blow up was beyond boring. And I usually love that kind of stuff. I'm not saying I never want things to be serious but I also like a bit of variety in the films I watch. The Dark Knight did serious successfully. Man of Steel did not IMO.
Yeah the fight wasnt 20 mins long, and it at least had consequences and its why the Superman killing Zod scene is so shocking and clever. Its clearly against what Superman believes in, but once Zod said he would never stop Superman knew then he wasnt going to beat him into submission and the only option was kill him, something that tore Superman apart inside, you can even see him wrestling with it before he actually kills Zod.

If even a fraction of those stakes was given to the final battle of TDW it would have been much better. The TDW battle is just boring though because there are no stakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
Also saying that a comic book movie should never have comedy in serious situations is a little absurd to me. How many comics have I read growing up where characters are cracking jokes during battles involving massive amounts of destruction?
Then you are reading different comics than me. I have read a few Thor ones and didnt see any jokes during the big battles. And no other comic I have read I can recall doing it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Not, really. MOS actually made you see the full horror of what Zod was doing and what the stakes were. Not making constant jokes while the world is freaking ending. No stupid comic-relief character making lame attempts at comedy while an entire city is on the brink of annihilation Also, Superman DID try and save people, by stopping the genocidal super-powered alien warlord. 99% of the destruction was done BEFORE Superman even got there, and 99% of the remaining destruction was done by Zod. So yes, MOS handled it's climax much better. Oh and there were actual consequences to that battle, unlike in TDW.
See my post above, after realising Superman couldnt beat Zod into submission, he had to kill him. If TDW would have had the stakes and seriousness nature of the MOS it would have been much better IMO.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote