View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 07:09 AM   #453
Uskok
MCU fan

Default Re: The Mandarin in Iron Man 3...Love it or hate it? - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Wow. Using a real life event in comparison to a nan-canonical comic book to a film that has no references to it. Great argument.
Every tie-in material is canon until something in the film contradicts it. All Hail the King confirms that IM3 Prelude is canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
"You see, you simply rule from behind the shadows, because the second you give evil a face, you hand the people a target. Bin Laden. Gahdaffi. The Mandarin."

Later on

"No more false faces, you wanted the Mandarin, well you're looking right at him."

Killian was using a facade to not only control the war on terror, but to do it without raising eyebrows and give away that it was *he* who was doing it. I'm sorry you must have the attention span of like, two seconds to not pay attention to the movie.
Oh yes, now you're telling me he wanted to call himself the Mandarin from the beginning. Nice try. People of America, tremble before me! I am the mighty terrorist Aldrich Killian! Wait a minute, that doesn't sound cool. I think I'll rather use the name that I borrowed without permission from the Ten Rings so it could be used by my fake terrorist.

Uskok is offline   Reply With Quote