View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #598
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
I've seen this detailed time reference several times now and yet there's no joke that close to Frigga's or Loki's death, for example.
There wasnt for Frigga's I will admit, though the scene still lacked emotion for me. With Loki he screams at him dying, then they make to the cave and talk for a moment until Jane's phone goes off and it turns into a comedic moment, that was really poorly placed humour IMO. Loki had 'died' literally minutes ago.

I think Selvig's joke later to Thor would have been the right time for a comedy element to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
As for Taylor, he said that his favorite thing in the MCU is that you can mix in those kinds of things, giving the example of Thor finally returning and then having Jane act like an angry girlfriend. I haven't heard him talk negatively about that aspect so it seems shaky to say that he was against it.
Again, I actually thought that humour worked. It was mostly the stuff in the 2nd half of the movie which ruins things for me (though not the Thor and Loki stuff). And with Taylor, he stated that Marvel demanded more humour be added to the movie, and he just said he went along with it.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote