View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 01:02 AM   #31
charl_huntress
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: Favorite JL/JLU episodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamteck View Post
Well here's one rabid DCAU fan that agrees with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
Co-signed. I've been re-watching JLU on the Hub, and the original 7 JL members are nothing more than a supporting cast on some episodes of JLU. Moreover, JLU introduced so many new characters that very few of them got a significant amount of development with the hero-of-the-week format.

I watched "Comfort and Joy" with my kids this past Christmas and that episode was one of the high points of the series. I sometimes got annoyed with the simplistic animation on JL/JLU and the kid-centric storylines, but that episode made me forget all of that.
Yeah, while I was excited to see new characters in animation I felt like many of them suffered from the limited time format. "Hawk and Dove" should have been a great with two little know DC heroes, but it's so flat. The same with introductions like Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E.S. 22 minutes is not enough to introduce a character and tell a decent cartoon story. I never understood why that change was made, but I heard it had something to do with the management at CN...which of course doesn't surprise me.

"Comfort and Joy" is a very underrated episode. I love the whole interaction with Clark, Jonn and the Kents. That was Timm and Co. at their finest.

charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote