View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 01:02 AM   #31
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: Favorite JL/JLU episodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamteck View Post
Well here's one rabid DCAU fan that agrees with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
Co-signed. I've been re-watching JLU on the Hub, and the original 7 JL members are nothing more than a supporting cast on some episodes of JLU. Moreover, JLU introduced so many new characters that very few of them got a significant amount of development with the hero-of-the-week format.

I watched "Comfort and Joy" with my kids this past Christmas and that episode was one of the high points of the series. I sometimes got annoyed with the simplistic animation on JL/JLU and the kid-centric storylines, but that episode made me forget all of that.
Yeah, while I was excited to see new characters in animation I felt like many of them suffered from the limited time format. "Hawk and Dove" should have been a great with two little know DC heroes, but it's so flat. The same with introductions like Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E.S. 22 minutes is not enough to introduce a character and tell a decent cartoon story. I never understood why that change was made, but I heard it had something to do with the management at CN...which of course doesn't surprise me.

"Comfort and Joy" is a very underrated episode. I love the whole interaction with Clark, Jonn and the Kents. That was Timm and Co. at their finest.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote