View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 06:34 AM   #43
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: Early Thor Darkworld box-office predictions - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeffos View Post
Like I said, I enjoyed it (even more than the first one). But judging by these various forums it seems we are in the minority. Of course the WW box office says it was a big hit....but when you travel these various forums TDW is bashed much more than praised. That's fine, everyone has their expectations and tastes when it comes to these movies....but i do have to admit it gets depressing to come to all these different forums to get updates on all the new movies coming (that I'm excited to see) and if posters refer to TDW it is usually in a negative way.
Jeez.....I honestly don't think Marvel stunk the house out....I took it for what it was meant to be a fun movie that you can't try and think too hard about, you just sit back and enjoy the adventure....just my 2cts.
Forums are hard to judge by since there you have to deal with loud minorities, which makes it hard to see where many dislike something and where a few does but go on and on about it. Even people that enjoy a superhero movie can discuss negative details quite a bit since that's the nature of dedicated fans; they go into details and turn every stone.

What I'm talking about are actual scores from the audience. On IMDb, RT, etc. Certainly not a complete image of the entire audience but it's a wider spectrum than a superhero forum and a good sign of that it was successful.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote