View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 03:37 PM   #50
Euthanatos12
Side-Kick

Default Re: (Speculation) Captain America III: Fallen Son (The Death of Captain America)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Means nothing. I think recasting is more likely.
Why recast Steve Rogers (NOBODY likes recasting) rather than just go the path of the comics and have Bucky take over the mantle?

Because of the idea that the "real" Cap is now dead? It's not like they're saying "No Evans, no franchise." They would maintain better continuity if they just have Stan take over as Bucky Cap, not to mention it's a risk and that makes it inherently more interesting by default.

If they don't use Bucky Cap, that's fine too. But I'd rather not see recasting unless we're talking reboot. As much as I like Don Cheadle (one of the only great things about Iron Man 2 and 3), I was annoyed to see them recast Terrence Howard as Rhodes. Ruffalo taking the place of Norton would've bothered me but I think I was too busy geeking out over the fact Avengers was even being made.

At this point I think it would be beyond goofy to have new people in place of Cap and Iron Man (if not even more members of the team) while some remain the same actors, without a story-based reason. It just seems jarring and ruins the cohesiveness of the MCU.

Euthanatos12 is offline   Reply With Quote