View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 08:59 PM   #763
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
You listed the things that were standout to you.
Obviously. But it would be a falsity to suggest the majority of fans don't find most or all of those things memorable and contributing factors to the greatness of those scenes. They are the adrenaline pumping moments and wow factors.

Quote:
I dont need crazy stunts for a chase scene to be memorable. The music, the chase itself, the reactions of the other characters, made it very exciting for me.
The chase literally involved Batman doing a cool jump over a truck, then making a direct bee line down a street with a herd of Cops behind him, nothing happening at all just straight forward driving, where he then turns into an alley way and makes an easy escape in The Bat. That's it.

That chase was as dull as they come. The reactions of the characters? Like what? What was so great about the character reactions here? The only one I thought had any value was Gordon's, because he has a history with Batman from the previous movie so Batman's returning actually meant something to him, and even then it was just a little quick low key smile as lay in bed watching the TV.

The Dark Knight Returns Cop reaction was a cool little nod to the comic, but it hardly made the chase memorable on the whole.

Quote:
A lot more than Begins which i really enjoyed but always felt like it only happened because WB told Nolan they needed a chase scene with the batmobile. The rooftop scene, as enjoyable as it was is no different than a scene that could have been in a Shumacher movie.
The Begins chase felt like it had much more purpose than Rises. In Begins we saw Bruce show disregard for human lives, and how easy he was slipping away into this Batman persona or "Monster" as Alfred called it. It showed much higher stakes with Rachel's dying and Batman having to get her to the Batcave on time. It also showed us how effective the Tumbler was.

Not to mention it was referenced in TDK when Reese recognized the Tumbler from pancaking Cop cars on the evening news.

What purpose did Rises' one serve? Diddly squat. Even Alfred says that. "You led a bloated Police force a merry chase with a load of fancy new toys from Fox".

Yeah that was really meaningful with high stakes.

Quote:
The point of the Rises chase, what was on the line...the stakes were much higher than Begins.
What was on the line? Batman getting caught? Same thing was on the line in the Begins chase, only in the Begins chase Rachel's life was also on the line. Ergo the stakes were higher in Begins one.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 03-29-2014 at 09:04 PM.