View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 04:20 AM   #772
The Endless
WE are Groot

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I just can't get past the bad choreography. Great idea and concept, poorly executed. I preferred the fights in Begins. You believe the blows he lands would actually incapacitate the people he's fighting. They are bone crunching. In TDK and Rises he punches or elbows people in the shoulders and they are knocked out.

But back to the car chases. Yea, Begins is clearly the best. No just in terms of spectacle and stakes, but on a technical level. The geography and spatial awareness is just spot on. You don't have cars at one place then magically moving to another in different shots. It all feels seamless. Brilliant editing. And the stealth mode part, where the score drops... then builds again is just epic.

TDK and Rises chase scenes were really poorly edited in my opinion. Poor geography and spatial awareness too.