View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 05:06 PM   #290
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Well my main question was, why not take her to Jotunheim or some other desolate little corner of the universe???

were the only two options really: Keep it amongst millions of innocent Asgardians or Fly it right to Malekiths home in Svartelheim?

Like, you wanna protect Asgard? ok, check. "How do we do that?" "I know, let's go to the Dark Elves home, offer up Jane to Malekith, and then just as he's torn this potential deadly cosmic force from her body, i'll zap the aether with some lightning!"

what Jane should've said: "Thor, let's let Loki do the thinking, mmkay?"

and I said selfish because he put saving Jane over, basically, the fate of all 9 realms in that moment
he put Malekith right where he needed to be to get the Aether, and his only contingency was to electrify it

I like gullible or naive Thor, but outright dumb Thor is not my favorite
So you think sacrificing a person, let alone a love interest, for the greater good sounds like Thor? That's not the Thor I know, and I'm not just talking MCU here. He'd try to save everyone, just like he says in the movie, and that's pretty much the opposite of being selfish. Thor is not an anti-hero, like you seem to want him to be.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote