View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 12:24 PM   #44
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigawithapen View Post
It kind of felt like it. Superman could have made a judgement call to stop the bomb or let it take out the meta humans but he couldnt make the decision so he asks Billy since hes the only guy who could be unbiased with his decision. Logically it makes sense but personally I feel like Superman should have made the call. He spent a majority of the book not knowing whether he was doing the right thing and by making a final call in the war it could have thematically made sense.
Didn't seem that way to me. He was going to try and stop that bomb, but Billy was preventing him from doing it. Then, he told Billy they could keep fighting and allow everyone to die or stop so he do something about the bomb.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman