View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #328
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
Yes you’ve been very vocal in your dislike of Thor 2 but are you honestly ranking it on the level of Last Stand or Borigins? Come on man.
Thats not what I saying at all, TDW is a much better movie than those 2, but still very disappointing to me. I was saying as a huge X-Men fan I am not just going to be happy getting X-Men movies if they are poor just because I am an X-Men fan.

I just dont personally think that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
Cap and Thor are two very different types of heroes. Asgard and Dark Elves aren't real. Snowden, NSA, terrorism, etc. are all very real. As a result Cap 2 is the darkest and most serious film Marvel has made yet - proving among other things that they apply the right tone where needed. But as much as I would love a director with the same passion for the source material as the Russos, I certainly don't want Thor to try to be a Captain America movie. That would be a fail.
Again you totally misunderstood what I was saying, I am not saying I want a Thor movie to be like a Cap one, but that I wish Marvel would have put the same effort into TDW that they did with TWS. After following the production of both movies, this obviously wasnt the case. Marvel just seems to put more effort into getting their Cap movies right than their Thor ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Of ALL the Marvel Related films to ME the worst are the FF films. Heck even Man-Thing and Howard the Duck were more actuate.

Thor and TDW to me are both up there on my list, but based on LOOKS TDW is much better. Both are missing important story lines that SHOULD have been left in. (I need a TDW script to read)
I think there have been worse CBMs than the FF movies, X3 for example or The Spirit. Thor is one of my favourite MCU movies, and was my favourite solo movie before TWS came out. TDW just gets lower and lower on the list the more I watch it or think about it. But, to each his own.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote