View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 10:57 AM   #30
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: So is Snyder a BIGGER fan of Batman?

I'm pretty sure DKR presented a very different circumstance than what we have here...the villain, the protagonist, the world(mutants and 'cops'). I think the quote was used for effect. I don't see them reading a good line from Loeb's various books the same reverence.

That being said, I would think a piece of work as celebrated and renown in a character or even comic-dom mythology was better received than I've heard various people here suggest. I read it far later in context but colour me surprised. I grew up reading wizard magazine and they would always shout it's praises. Then again, they would always rank STM as the best superhero film ever...I guess times a change(in).

I am curious if the folks in the white house will send superman after the Batman problem however. Once there to find find a common enemy. I'd be interested in that kinda thing. Reeve superman seemed like the type to jump if the president asked.

"A man named Hal Jordan was recruited 45 years ago into the Lantern core, flight testing in the midst of the Viet war. He hasn't returned to the relatively measured as primitive earth since. Upon his return from what could be considered hell, the weathered soldier and man out of time has short trimmed grey hair, scars, and a warning of a looming threat that motivated his return to his home planet. He's also surprised and weary to see a Kryptonian on Earth"
-Constuct arm from elbow down.

Last edited by Marvin; 04-20-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote