View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 08:22 PM   #329
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Thats not what I saying at all, TDW is a much better movie than those 2, but still very disappointing to me. I was saying as a huge X-Men fan I am not just going to be happy getting X-Men movies if they are poor just because I am an X-Men fan.

I just dont personally think that way

Again you totally misunderstood what I was saying, I am not saying I want a Thor movie to be like a Cap one, but that I wish Marvel would have put the same effort into TDW that they did with TWS. After following the production of both movies, this obviously wasnt the case. Marvel just seems to put more effort into getting their Cap movies right than their Thor ones.

I think there have been worse CBMs than the FF movies, X3 for example or The Spirit. Thor is one of my favourite MCU movies, and was my favourite solo movie before TWS came out. TDW just gets lower and lower on the list the more I watch it or think about it. But, to each his own.
Sorry for misunderstanding. I hear what you are saying. As fans we should not support garbage even though it features our favorite character. I certainly don't think TDW falls in that category and enjoy the movie immensely. However, I don't like how divisive a film it seems to be becoming. I really hope Thor 3 can unite the fan base and give us a more universally loved film.

It does seem like Marvel has a clearer vision for Cap at the moment. But that's not a bad thing. I look at the success of The Winter Soldier as a very big positive not just for Cap but for the MCU in general. Marvel is definitely trying to maintain a high level of quality across all of their films. I feel Thor is one of the hardest properties to translate into film but he is one of their Big Three and with their premier properties in other hands (Spider-Man, X-Men), Marvel certainly cannot afford to let the character languish. I'm sure they are not happy with the middling reviews of the film and I believe they will do right by Thor. I find it interesting that Marvel has never brought back a director who didn't hit it out of the park. Favreau (Iron Man), Whedon (Avengers) and now the Russos (Winter Soldier). Let's all hope they find a really great talent to helm Thor 3 who can take the contributions of Branagh and Taylor to the next level. (I would even be open to seeing Branagh return actually.)

All in all, I prefer to stay positive about where this franchise is headed.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote