View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 09:57 PM   #9
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Default Re: Should Batman be portrayed as a Protagonist or Antagonist in this film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well I've been using this case as an example for months, but basically, he'd be to Superman on what "The Rock" was to Vin Diesal's character in "Fast Five".

And another example would be like what Karl Urban's character was to Bruce Willis's character in "Red".

So basically, not a "villain" for the story, but certainly not a friend or ally for a majority of the film.

Batman would be after Superman for a majority of the film, causing him problems along the way, and it's only after a climactic showdown of some sort, mixed in with some heroic deed and big realization, that Batman decides not to see Superman as the enemy..
Damn, I haven't seen any of those films, LOL.

OK, so you mean kinda like the role Hardy and the military played in MOS? Hmmm, I just don't see them being "enemies" for too long, Batman and Superman. I mean, I have to assume that some time will have passed between the ending of MOS and the start of BvS, so the public should be aware of Superman' s heroic deeds like stopping bank robberies or what have you. Bats realizes that Superman is a good guy but he doesn't fully trust him because of the alien invasion. However, they are forced together and the story goes from there....The only way I can see Bats being an antagonist for an extended period of time is if they depict him as an extremely paranoid psycho who would rather the alien went home, but that's a little too close to Luthor...

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote