View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 09:58 PM   #11
Masone
Side-Kick

Default Re: Should Batman be portrayed as a Protagonist or Antagonist in this film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
Someone here had the genius idea to make Superman the antagonist (in the sense that heroes and the world are against him), but unfortunately, the creative team won't have that much cajones to pull it off.
I don't like this idea. I don't like when something is portrayed one way when the audience knows it's the other way. Like a person being framed and every other character thinking that person did it, but the audience knows that person didn't do it because they already showed us the real killer. The story becomes frustrating and the characters come off as stupid.

In that scenario, Superman is portrayed as the antagonist and the other heroes and the world are against him, but we the audience know Superman ain't a damn antagonist. The story becomes predictable and frustrating and the other characters come off a stupid for not knowing something the audience knows.

I think you can only pull that off when there is a degree of ignorance shared between both the audience and the characters. Is he the real killer? Is he really the villain? Is he really behind everything? Both the audience and the characters need to be having those types of questions swirl in their minds to pull that off.

Last edited by Masone; 04-20-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Masone is offline   Reply With Quote