View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 10:19 PM   #630
kguillou
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
There are legitimate criticisms to be made. The pacing is wonky in places (cutting immediately from Superman anguish to what is essentially a comedy scene for example). Some of the supporting cast was underused, etc. However, my problem is that a lot of criticism isn't accurate. They're either misrepresenting what happened in the movie, or just making crap up. Stuff like "Superman wrecked half of Metropolis." NO HE DIDN'T. First off all, half of Metropolis wasn't destroyed period, not even close. Second, Zod's WE/gravity beam combo did 99.9% of the damage before Superman even got there, and then during the final brawl, Zod STILL did the vast majority of the damage. When people make complaints like that, then I take issue with them, because they're not being accurate.
THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS. I am so sick of that argument which is just plain not true. What happened to Metropolis is NOT superman's fault and he was doing the best he could to stop Zod from destroying more of it.

It just baffles me that for the first time like ever in superhero cinema we finally get a truly epic looking superpowered battle and people do nothing but complain about it. Its entertainment, people. Sit back and enjoy it. Snyder did one heck of a job constructing a visually stunning brawl between two super powered beings. I would LOVE to see what he could do with a Superman vs Darkseid battle.

Last edited by kguillou; 04-20-2014 at 10:25 PM.