View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 10:40 PM   #14
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Should Batman be portrayed as a Protagonist or Antagonist in this film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Damn, I haven't seen any of those films, LOL.

OK, so you mean kinda like the role Hardy and the military played in MOS? Hmmm, I just don't see them being "enemies" for too long, Batman and Superman. I mean, I have to assume that some time will have passed between the ending of MOS and the start of BvS, so the public should be aware of Superman' s heroic deeds like stopping bank robberies or what have you. Bats realizes that Superman is a good guy but he doesn't fully trust him because of the alien invasion. However, they are forced together and the story goes from there....The only way I can see Bats being an antagonist for an extended period of time is if they depict him as an extremely paranoid psycho who would rather the alien went home, but that's a little too close to Luthor...

lol; true, though this film could be a case where we see a take on Batman that starts out being a figure that's become so weary from fighting, that he's pretty much lost his way and is growing dangerously close of becoming what Lex has already become.

It's possible that Lex may even orchestrate something that would make Superman look like he was the bad guy by framing him for something, which convinces everyone, including Batman (somewhat) that Superman is a problem.

Plus, being paranoid has always been Batman's thing.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote