View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 07:27 AM   #53
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
If TWS took place after IM3, where was Cap when President Ellis was kidnapped? I was hoping that would be explained in TWS, but I don't think they gave a definitive reason. Who better to send to save the President than Captain America?
IMO, you have to remember how quickly things happened at the end of IM3 - it was, what, a matter of hours? (and this is ultimately the thing about all the Phase 2 solo movies so far - when the end game happens, it's been within a very short window of time, hours in IM3, minutes in Thor:TDW, couple hours in CA:TWS) Without knowing where Steve is, what other assignment he might be on - there might not have been time for him to get there. And that's assuming that he was told/knew about it. Remember, when trying to inform authorities of the Presidents kidnapping, Tony tells the V.P. who ends up being IN ON IT and wasn't going to pass the information along/do anything about it. So there's a strong possibility that SHIELD didn't know or if they did, the HYDRA element wanted it to happen and managed to stall any action.

~Agents of SHIELD