View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 03:54 PM   #334
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^Lets hope all of this is true, after Avengers I thought Marvel couldnt go wrong, seems I was very wrong in that. I dont want Thor 3 ending up like the 2nd movie did, and I would love Branagh to come back, until TWS came out, Thor 1 was my favourite solo MCU movie.
I heard the reasons that Branagh did not return were twofold - 1) he had some of his own projects he wanted to pursue and 2) did not feel he could produce a sequel in the timeframe Marvel was looking for. In an interview he was gracious about the sequel but said he would have done things differently than Taylor. I sense that Branagh still has an attachment to this franchise and he is a Thor fan - as opposed to Taylor who admitted he didn't really love fantasy which kind of floored me when I heard that considering his resume.

Another director I think would be awesome is Guillermo Del Toro. Supposedly he was going to be involved in a Hulk TV show at one point. I don't know if he is a Thor fan though. I think that's an important consideration for the next film's director. The Russos are big Cap fans and it shows.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote