View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #635
Spamtron
THE MAN

Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssayM View Post
I do think its a little too convenient they didn't introduce that, as it would've solved 80% of the conflicts in the movie. (I finally watched it, by the way. Kinda boring, honestly.)

Between the oil rig, the school bus, numerous encounters with bullies he surely must have had (even if he didn't fight back, he no doubt noticed their moves), the briefing from Jor-El, and just the basic common sense it takes to dodge a punch and put out a fire (and had he not figured out how to fly around objects by then?), I have a hard time believing he was completely unprepared for a situation like that. And I really don't see any reason why his "morals" should have resulted in him getting knocked around that much.

I think Snyder did great at showing how badly an inexperienced fighter would do up against someone with honed skills approaching a similar power level.
By your theory, you should be able step into an MMA ring with a jiujitsu expert the same size as you, having never actually fought anyone in your entire life and end up winning by choking him out in two rounds because you happening to watch kung-fu theater as a kid on Sundays.
If you watched the movie without any prejudice you may have seen the rest of his life showing how much fighting he never did until the moment krypto-fu was laid upon him.

I agree with the folks here stating the movie showed Superman did the best he could against the foes in this one.