View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 07:19 AM   #47
afan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Should Batman be portrayed as a Protagonist or Antagonist in this film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
Nope. That's supposed to be one of Batman's major strengths, that he's an excellent judge of character, as well as not being very trusting of anyone who hasn't first earned it. So no, I would find it hard to believe he would fall for anything like that.

Exactly!
I find the concept of Batman vs Superman problematic. Why would either confront the other? Assuming that Superman is going about his post MOS career fighting crime, helping and saving people as he should be doing....exactly why would Batman try to take him down, and conversely why would Superman try to take Batman down. If either is manipulated by Luthor or (fill in the blank) than that only weakens the fiber of Superman or Batman, as was Superman in Miller's TDK.

Conflict certainly... as their methodology for acheiving basically the same goal, helping those in need and fighting evil/crime, is at opposite poles, but actually trying to destroy the other........no!

For my money WB's 1997 World's Finest, is perfect in it's portrayal of the Batman/Superman relationship.