View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 09:20 AM   #341
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Thankfully Fox has got back on track with the X-Men franchise, FC and TW were both brilliant, and DOFP looks amazing.
I thought FC was pretty good too but I personally wouldn't say brilliant. Also I couldn't help but be annoyed they didn't use the actual First Class from the comics. I never saw TW. The whole robot Silver Samarai thing looked totally stupid. DOFP might be good but I was disappointed by the trailers. Too Wolverine centric (as usual) and too many ideas ripped off from other films. I'm not even sure I'm going to see it now with all these horrible allegations about Singer. I need to wait and see how that shakes out.

Quote:
With FF, I dont know why but despite not liking any news about it so far I am still quietly confident it will be good. Chronicle was a great little movie, and Kinberg seems much better now than in his X3 days.
You don't like any news but are confident it will be good? I admire your optimism but I'm totally negative against Fox right now and have nothing but dread for this new FF film. I'm sorry but I'm a big FF fan and the FF is not Chronicle. I feel Fox doesn't really get these characters. Everything Kinberg has said recently has just depressed me even further.

What has Kinberg done lately that's good? He seems like a hack to me. He completely wasted characters like Angel and Rogue and single-handedly almost destroyed the X-Men franchise. People blame Ratner but he was just a hired gun called in at the last minute to do Fox's bidding.

Quote:
I would love it if Branagh came back, that 1st Thor movie was amazing and is what made me a fan of character, I never would have considered reading Thor comics before seeing that but now I have read a few.
I love the first one too. I think Branagh had a good handle on the mythology and the character and he assembled a heckuva cast. It seems Marvel and he are still on good terms so you never know. Could happen. I'd be cool with it.

I'm Thor fan first though (and perhaps being a Thor fan helps me appreciate what Taylor was able to accomplish and really enjoy the second film more) and I am not beholden to any director. The visual aesthetic from the first pales in comparison to the second to me. I hope whoever comes on for the third outing can take all the contributions from the first two films and build on them rather than just discard.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote