View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 11:21 PM   #111
Masone
Side-Kick

Default Re: batman vs Superman box office prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I see, I didn't know you were guessing that for a head to head weekend(something that won't happen imo).

Secondly, do you have any idea how many people were 'turned off' by Transformers? People that care enough to be vocal about how 'turned off' they are the type of people that care enough to show up regardless. This is very much the paradigm of TF imo. Then there is the issue of if they are right, I personally think the GA has spoken and is continuing to speak on the matter. How good the movie is in and of itself(without people deeming uplifting is some prerequisite of film) is rarely discussed imo.

This very clearly isn't the Superman Returns situation.
The negativity towards this film tends to be overstated. The negativity mostly came from the critics, and they mean absolutely nothing to the box office of a film like this. Check the cinema score, check the DVD sales, check how MOS was voted by the people as the best CBM of 2013. Even without Batman or Wonder Woman, this movie ends up with at least 850 worldwide. The international box office would see to that.

Masone is offline   Reply With Quote