View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 11:28 PM   #112
Masone
Side-Kick

Default Re: batman vs Superman box office prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
If this doesn't open with Cap 3 (which I hope it doesn't), I would estimate 115-120 million opening.

I sort of agree with you about the MOS/Transformers thing, but...I go back and forth. MOS is a bit of a different situation. With transformers, people know to expect nothing deep. They know it's just going to be hot chicks running bouncily and intense robot action. It's targeted at an audience that wants to see that and those people are happy to flock to the theater. MOS promised to be something deeper. People were expecting Dark Knight type goodness, not something dumb like Transformers. Some people think MOS didn't deliver and were royally pissed off. While I'm sure some of the more fanboyish of those folks will still see BvsS, I'm not sure about GA members that didn't get what they were expecting. I wouldn't put it past them to write off a sequel by Snyder. However, MOS did well on DVD, so evidently some people like it. I just find it hard to predict the response to this after MOS caused such an uproar. People have weird and intense attitudes towards it and still argue over it today.
The negativity among the non-critics is being way overstated. The movie was a hit among the moviegoer crowd. You're obviously going to have negativity with any movie really, but I think some are letting the negative nancys convince them that there are more of them than there actually are.

Reminds me of this trope. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BackupBluff

Masone is offline   Reply With Quote