View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 08:59 AM   #76
EssayM
Just A Guy

Default Re: What do you want from future Batman movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald View Post
No, people love Batman's villains because they represent real aspects of the humanity and society (as Batman himself), the insanity and oddness are typical from comics, an exagerated way to explain this concepts to the kids/teenagers. And I adhere to the facts: The Dark Knight is the most succesful Batman film and ALL the characters are sane (inside the hyperbolic style of the movie), and I'm including the villains (Joker and Two Faces), which know in every moment what they are doing and why, and besides they explain it.
Yes, I'm sure people respond to the Joker and Two-Face because of how they "represent real aspects of the humanity and society", and not because they were vibrant psychopaths with memorable designs and characters. And who exactly do you think the target audience for this is, if not kids and teenagers (or at the very least, all ages)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victarion View Post
If there isn't some element of realism, then there's no tension. Why should I be worried about the hero here, or even care for him? My suggestions aren't so steeped in realism as the TDKT (which is my absolute favorite superhero trilogy). The trick is to set up rules that govern the world and stick to them throughout. Then you can present a series of films in whatever kind of setting you like.
And I'm totally for that. The only thing I was objecting to was Oswald's idea of making every Batman into a gangster or a terrorist. In my mind, most of Batman's villains are already pretty realistic (most of them are just psychotic criminals, with a couple mad scientists thrown in there), so I don't really see the point in "grounding" them like that. But other than that, I have no problem with giving it more genuine emotions and whatnot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald View Post
So? Commiting violent acts doesn't mean being insane, look at the police
That is incredibly unfunny if it was supposed to be a joke, and incredibly insulting if serious.