View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 09:20 AM   #109
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
i would have preferred if gl took place entirely in space/other planets. as soon as hal got the the ring he should have been off planet.
People always say this but there are two problems with that logic:

1 - An entire movie set in space takes a huge budget and special effects wizards who really know what they are doing. People complained about the effects in GL, even though a large portion of it is earth-based. I can't even imagine how poorly it might have looked had the entire movie been off-planet.

2 - Trying to figure out what appeals to the GA is a tricky thing and the majority of superhero films have been earth-based. And even with a property like GL, that can make sense since he's assigned to protect Earth and even in the comics, he spends at least a good portion of his time in Coast City with Carol and his friends there.

Now granted, GL failed to connect with the GA. But I don't think that's entirely because the film took place mostly on Earth.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote