View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #77
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post

It would have been the classic case of doing something less effective, more complicated, with more screen time, just to have an extra character show up. The crew shows restraint, a rarity in films, and then people get mad for actually having the guts to do what was best for the film. I get wanting the character, but not one thing about this film indicates the Rogue stuff would have added anything other then runtime and a character.

The future narrative is simple, but extreme effective. It was on Kitty and Logan. Everyone else was irrelevant. They were depending on them, and everyone else was there to simply buy them the time they needed. It worked beautifully. Over-complicating that just to have another character reeks of fanboy logic imo.
Exactly! I have been on the cutting room floor of projects before, and I have had plenty of cases where I filmed something and loved what I filmed, but ultimately I had a stronger product without it. The hardest part of editing is letting something go. Sometimes it feels like your harming your child or something. It sucks. But, the mere fact a scene exists doesn't mean it needs to be in the movie. I feel that the film doesn't miss having Rogue at all, so adding her adds nothing to the movie we don't already have. THIS is why it was cut.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote