View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #5
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Default Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men

No.

I have all three of the Avengers v. X-Men crossover events and they are all bad in the SyFy Original kinda way. Even in the most recent iteration, everybody acted way out of character: Cap beat up teenage mutants, Cyclops became okay with genocide, as long as it did not happen to mutants, and the list of character deviations goes on and on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mask&Cape View Post
In regards to the Avengers movie franchise, I wouldn't want a crossover

In the comics, I have never understood the concept of X-Men existing in the same world as the Avengers and other non-mutant heroes

By this I mean, mutants are outcasts, feared and hated because they are different to regular humans and hunted by authorities.

Yet, people celebrate the Fantastic 4 (true they developed powers a different way) and other heroes

Is Spider-Man hunted with such distrust?

Why don't the Avengers or S.H.I.E.L.D. speck out in their support?

Or do they?
Spider-Man did register with SHIELD. In comparison to the mutants, Spider-Man never leveled a building with his powers...nor could he, if he tried.

"Johnny Storm's a good-hearted kid, sure, but he has the attention span of a toaster, and he leads with his face; in Johnny's undisciplined mind, there's only a single synapse between thinking and doing. The Avengers' battle cry is "Avengers Assemble"; the Fantastic Four's is "Johnny, WAIT!"----Mark Waid
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote