View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #5
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Default Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men

No.

I have all three of the Avengers v. X-Men crossover events and they are all bad in the SyFy Original kinda way. Even in the most recent iteration, everybody acted way out of character: Cap beat up teenage mutants, Cyclops became okay with genocide, as long as it did not happen to mutants, and the list of character deviations goes on and on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mask&Cape View Post
In regards to the Avengers movie franchise, I wouldn't want a crossover

In the comics, I have never understood the concept of X-Men existing in the same world as the Avengers and other non-mutant heroes

By this I mean, mutants are outcasts, feared and hated because they are different to regular humans and hunted by authorities.

Yet, people celebrate the Fantastic 4 (true they developed powers a different way) and other heroes

Is Spider-Man hunted with such distrust?

Why don't the Avengers or S.H.I.E.L.D. speck out in their support?

Or do they?
Spider-Man did register with SHIELD. In comparison to the mutants, Spider-Man never leveled a building with his powers...nor could he, if he tried.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote