View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 11:18 PM   #95
danagirl42
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
Agree to disagree but I really liked what they did with Rogue in X1. I thought her relationship with Logan was the heart of the movie, and it was both sweet and something you really rooted for them to overcome in. She ended the movie a victim of Magneto's and in the second she was getting stronger and standing up for herself more but was still cracking under pressure.

For me the answer was not her flying or being just more like the comic. It was her overcoming her insecurity about herself and her ability. That was ruined by X3 when she gave into it and both sought and got the cure. Worse still, Wolverine acted like he didn't give a crap what happened to her and shrugged it off.

Redemption would have been showing her in 2023 as battle hardened but strong. A survivor and a hero, who could even have (for expediency's sake) knowing looks to Logan and Iceman who is now with Kitty, but her comfortable with herself.

In this context, if she was able to take Magneto's powers (the man who first wronged her) and use them for good without hesitation in the face of almost certain destruction?

Yes, I do think it would have redeemed her for X3. Because I thought X3 should have been her growing comfortable in her own skin and growing independent. They could have done that in a handful of scenes in DOFP. And honestly, not how it was written. The idea of her being a counterbalance to Kitty was a bad idea from the word go, which is probably why it got cut, sadly enough.

Umm, they did not have time for all that kind of character development in the future sections, and the movie was not about her and her redemption. She had three whole movies to do that and it got worse with each one. Let another character else have a chance. The actor playing Quicksilve had limited scenes, but knew his character, which could have been an unlikeable, arrogant douche as written, instead found the fun in the character and stole all his scenes.

I will be honest, I liked Rogue in the first movie and she is a favorite character of mine, but the writing and acting stalled out there. The character never went from point A to point B and so forth. She always acted or reverted back to the same scare, insecure little girl in all of them. Even if she was not called Rogue, whatever she was playing was just not interesting/dynamic when she was put up against the other characters. You should not HAVE be in a scene with Wolverine to come alive. That should be a bonus. Plus, from what I understand, the cut scenes they were not going to being showing new character development, but her being rescued (again) and taking over for Kitty.

I don't know why people believed some internet rumor that she was going to be flying and jumping and running things when they reported she only filmed for 5 days or less and she was not asked back for the reshoots last fall. That makes absolutely no sense. Stunts like that take a lot of time and rehearsal. They don't just strap you into a harness and say Go!

danagirl42 is offline   Reply With Quote