View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 02:49 PM   #107
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Mickey Rourke getting owned 40 minutes in Iron Man 2, GENERAL Zod getting beat up by a scientist in the opening of Man of Steel, Electro getting beaten midway through ASM2. Those are how you DON'T build up a villain, Bane crushing Batman in a Bat movie, that's how you build your most credible on screen Bat-villain post Heath's Joker. No mind games, just pure physical dominance.

I don't get the childish reasoning that it's wrong because Batman loses, it's the same kind of bs that comes out of Super-fans mouths when they get a little bit pissy because Batman has shown any sort of superiority over Superman, why would you ever want a hero to always win all the time?
I just don't get your comparisson. General Zod wasn't beated by SUPERMAN in the beginning so your comparisson is baseless cause the other two examples had nothing to do with this one. there's a difference and if you didn't notice General Zod wasn't a common villain, was a patriot, that had its methods it wasn't the generic villain that you see in every movie (that was A NICE TOUCH ON THE CHARACTER making him RELATABLE and smth I really liked about it, that it wasn't a common villain) you have the relationship of Zod-Jor-el, Jor-el wasn't a common scientist SOMETHING THAT MANY JUST DON'T GET IT. CALLING Jor-el just a scientist is a bit childish.
He also was Zod's friend (knew his weakness, etc..)and YOU NOTICED THAT IF YOU SAW THE MOVIE.
Then you have to notice that Zod wasn't the only villain of the movie. It was General Zod and his ARMY!!!!
When you have to build up a nice villain just look at Zod's message (it wasn't the only one, helloooo Faora) and the thing Zod made Superman do, that any other villain hadn't acieve to other hero in the cbms, and that my friend was what made villains great.
In fact Superman wasn't superior in fight with him. Again I think is a bit silly to compare them to the other two villains???
You build up a great villain and then lowered by a shot with the batpod? that was a nice build up? I liked Bane but the end of his character lowered his great things in the movie according to the nice character he was.

The thing is that in some cases the beat-up WORKS for the character. in others don't.

Last edited by John-An; 05-31-2014 at 03:27 PM.